If you would like to use pre-allocated groups in Cadmus for marking (instead of randomly assigning students), you can do so by uploading a spreadsheet of students allocated to groups into Cadmus.
This article covers how to:
NOTE: If your groups have already been created in Blackboard, you can follow these steps to import Blackboard groups into Cadmus.
Prepare a Groups spreadsheet to upload
You will first need to put your list of groups and allocated students into the correct format. At the end of this process, you will have two .csv files to upload into Cadmus. One with Group Names, and the other with Group Allocations.
To prepare a Groups spreadsheet to upload
- Download our Groups Upload Template (.xlsx file).
- Open the file in Excel or similar. You will see that the file has two tabs (Group Names and Group Allocations).
- In the Group Names tab, under Title, list the names of each of the Groups as you'd like them to appear in Cadmus.
- Ensure each group has a unique Group Code — to keep things simple, we recommend making these the same as Title.
- In the Group Allocations tab, list students' First Name and Last Name, along with their relevant Group Code name. You will need to write student names as they appear in your LMS.
- Once you have allocated all your students, save each tab as a .csv file.
Upload your spreadsheet into Cadmus
Once you have prepared the two spreadsheets (Group Names and Group Allocations), you're ready to upload them into Cadmus.
To upload your spreadsheets to Cadmus
- In the My Class page, click Setup grading groups.
- Click Import groups from LMS.
- Click Import a .csv or .zip file, then select the two .csv files you prepared.
- Select which groups you’d like to import.
- Click Import groups.